Click on a job below to learn more:
- Summer Assistant Swim Coach
- Teen Travel Camp Counselor
- Gymnastics Coach
- Teachers and Substitutes
- Lifeguard and Swim Instructors
Interested candidates should contact [email protected] unless otherwise specified. You may also fill out the employment application and return to or fax to 214-368-4709. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Summer Assistant Swim Coach
Candidates may also be interested in job position as Summer Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy Swim Instructor and may apply for both.
Reports to: Assistant Aquatics Director
The Devil Rays Assistant Swim Coach will report to the Assistant Aquatics Director and will provide coaching assistance to the rest of the Devil Rays coaching team. Responsibilities include coaching duties with an emphasis on safety, proper skill development, team member development, seasonal planning, daily workouts, goal setting, and promotion of the swim team. This part-time, nonexempt position will work a maximum of 29 hours a week (weekend hours required). This position does not offer benefits. EOE (equal opportunity employer).
- Motivates, instructs, and coaches swim team participants aged 5 - 15 years old.
- Coaches swimmers during scheduled practice times and during weekly swim meets.
- Implements curriculum derived from LKSA program as well as monthly team stroke/skill focus.
- Teaches children how to use a pace clock to help build confidence and endurance.
- Develop swimmers' character to increase self-esteem in and out of the pool.
- Enforces team policies as well as general pool policies.
- Maintains order and safety in both indoor and outdoor pool areas at all times during swim practices and swim meets.
- Provide customer service to parents and members based on the JCC Customer Service Policy and communicates swimmer progress.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Assistant Aquatics Director or Head Coach.
- Must be available for Summer Devil Rays practice times:
- May 22 - 25, 4 - 6 pm.
- May 29 - July 9, Sundays 1 - 2 pm, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 4 - 6 pm.
- Competitive swimming experience preferred.
- Knowledge of all four competitive strokes: freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly.
- 1 - 2 year's experience coaching or instructing aquatics programming required.
- Experience working with children ages 5 - 15 years old.
- Lifeguard certification preferred.
It is expected that the Summer Devil Rays Assistant Swim Coach will be a team player as part of the Devil Rays Swim Team, Sports and Fitness team as well as the JCC Professional Staff team. He/she is expected to be aware of the JCC Mission Statement and to work within the framework of the mission statement. He/she is expected to be innovative, imaginative and a positive role model. He/she must strive to provide the best program available for our members. His/her customer service skills and interpersonal skills must impact every aspect of the job. Responsibilities of the job may be changed as the needs of the JCC and/or community change. However, this will not be done without prior consultation with the Assistant Aquatics Director.
To apply, forward resumes to [email protected].
Teen Travel Camp Counselor
Reports to: Youth & Teen Director
The Teen Travel Camp Counselor will work with 7 - 9th graders through the Dallas Jewish Community Center's Teen Travel Camp. TTC is an eight-week camp that has a combination of in-town and out-of-town weeks. When camp is in-town you will spend 3 - 4 days a week out of the building chaperoning teens on fun field trips within the metroplex, as well as planning and executing programs at the JCC.
This summer, counselors will travel with the TTCers to the east coast for a week and to Lake Tahoe for a week. If you are a positive role model, have strong leadership skills, enjoy planning and executing programs, love adventure and want to work with teens then this is the job for you. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Have a sense of adventure
- Programming experience
- Leadership skills
- Not easily stressed out
- Must be available between June 4 - August 3
It is expected that the Teen Travel Camp Counselor will be a team player as part of the JCC professional staff. He/she is expected to be aware of the JCC Mission Statement and work within the frameworks of that mission. Responsibilities of the job may be changed as the needs of the JCC and/or community change.
To apply, please forward resumes to [email protected].
Reports to: Gymnastics Director
JCC Gymnastics is looking for a dependable and energetic individual to fill an immediate coaching position. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
Job responsibilities include coaching Level 3/XCEL Silver through early optionals, taking gymnasts to spring competitions, and teaching beginning/intermediate level classes. Must have prior recreational and team coaching experience. Ability to work break programs and special events is a plus. Additional opportunities may be available depending upon experience.
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Loves kids
- Prior coaching experience
- USAG-certified and First Aid/CPR Certified or ability to obtain certification
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
To apply, please forward resumes to [email protected].
These positions are full time and/or part time.
The perfect candidate will have at least five years of experience teaching preschool, an education-related degree and references. A candidate in the process of getting their degree with a CDA may be eligible. CPR/Infant CPR and First Aid certifications are required. The ideal candidate will work well in a team atmosphere, follow school policies, and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
The following job responsibilities and understanding is necessary:
- Both recognizes and understands the power of interactions with students and the effects on learning and behavior
- Focused on planning a safe, healthy, supportive and respectful learning environment
- Experience in planning emergent curriculum that is based on a consistent school-wide thematic framework yet is highly individualized by classroom
- Understands different approaches to learning and can differentiate based on both individual and group needs
- Is proactive in the advancement of children’s physical, intellectual, social, and emotional development
- Confident in multiple strategies to foster productive relationships with families
- Maintains a commitment to professionalism both within and outside the confines of the school
- Familiar with observing and recording children’s behavior and allowing these findings to guide instruction
- Understands and can articulate the principles of child growth and development
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word are a bonus. Experience with on-line share sites will be helpful.
Substitutes must have a high school diploma and experience with children — flexible hours.
Please indicate job you are applying for on cover letter.
Only qualified applicants with references need apply.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Forward resumes to [email protected].
REPORTS TO: Aquatics Director
The Jewish Community Center of Dallas is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer). This part time position is not eligible for benefits. Salary based upon experience. Maximum 29 hours a week (days TBD). Weekend hours required
We are looking for outgoing & dynamic qualified swim instructors lifeguards for our facility. Must work independently, be a team player and energetic with a positive attitude. Dependability and punctuality is a must! A current Lifeguard CPR & First Aid Certification is required. If you have experience as a swim instructor and are looking to teach in a friendly and team oriented atmosphere, we need you!
If you are interested, email Sam Neckar [email protected] to set up an interview. Please attach a resume and/or related experience.