Click on a job below to learn more:
- Gift Shop Sales Associate
- Fitness Service Desk Attendant
- Teachers and Substitutes
- Lifeguard and Swim Instructors
- Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy Swim Instructors
- Fitness Associate
Interested candidates should contact [email protected] unless otherwise specified. You may also fill out the employment application and return to or fax to 214-368-4709. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Gift Shop Sales Associate
Reports to: Gift Shop Manager
The Gift Shop Sales Associate will assist in the day-to-day operations of the Source Gift Shop located within the Jewish Community Center of Dallas. The Source Gift Shop is a retail store offering a wide variety of items including traditional and unique Judaica items, jewelry, art, and other items based on availability and desirability of the store's clientele.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a retail environment and has knowledge of Jewish traditions, holidays, and merchandise. This is a part-time, non-exempt position with an average of 10 - 15 hours per week (weekend hours are required). The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
- Flexible and dependable with schedules, including weekends.
- Enjoy meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude; ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and management.
- Ability to work as a team, handling multiple priorities and adhering to procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services; use knowledge to build sales.
- Responsible for merchandise displays as requested by Manager.
- Understand and properly execute all systems and procedures to ensure quick and efficient transactions.
- Knowledge of Jewish traditions, holidays, and merchandise helpful.
- Comprehend and maintain store and agency policies.
- Maintain clean environment by dusting shelves and straightening merchandise as needed.
- Unpack incoming inventory and label appropriately; keep back store room inventory organized and marked for easy identification.
- Filing and other administrative duties as requested.
- Work with Manager on PR events.
- Ability to open/close store independently; must process opening/closing register procedures accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
- Previous retail sales and merchandising experience desired.
- Demonstrates an energetic and positive attitude.
- Proficient in register transactions.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Professional in appearance, manner, and tone.
- Computer knowledge in all Microsoft programs.
- QuickBooks POS experience desired.
- A team-player who possesses the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
To apply, forward resumes to [email protected].
Reports to: Fitness Director
The Fitness Associate is responsible for excellent member service on the fitness floor, standard operations, enforcing policies, monitoring and cleanliness throughout the Fitness Center and equipment. This position is a part-time, non-exempt position with a maximum of 29 hours per week. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
We are seeking help for 2 - 5 shifts, 3 - 6 hours each. Up to 29 hours/week maximum time scheduled.
Shifts vary per business operations: Monday - Thursday 5 am – 10 pm; Friday/Saturday/Sunday 5 am – 6 pm.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand and apply the basic foundations of fitness programming including strength training, cardiovascular conditioning, and flexibility.
- Assist in the supervision and safe operation of the fitness center and deliver equipment orientations.
- Greet members and guests and maintain a professional demeanor at all times to deliver exceptional hospitality.
- Perform cleaning and preventive maintenance as required. Move and/or organize equipment as needed.
- Maintain supplies as needed.
Other Job Functions:
- Attend all scheduled shifts on time and appropriately attired.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and training sessions.
- Assist at the fitness desk as needed.
- Teamwork: Able to work in a team environment and carry out the mission of the JCC.
- Attention to detail: Able to appropriately clean and operate strength and cardiovascular equipment.
- Responsibility: Ability to work independently, applies initiative, is organized, and meets deadlines.
- Professionalism: Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Awareness: Ability to operate all fitness equipment and entertainment options on equipment.
Equipment: Various strength and cardiovascular equipment.
- Lifting (ability to lift up to 50 pounds)
- Hand/finger dexterity
- Hearing (may utilize aid)
- Vision (may be corrected)
- CPR/AED certified prior to hire. First Aid certification a plus.
- Fitness/Sports/Wellness/Health experience or school-work required.
- College coursework in health, sport, or exercise sciences a plus.
- Certification as a trainer or group fitness instructor a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College preferred.
Fitness Service Desk Attendant
Reports to: Director of Aquatics & Health Services
The Fitness Service Desk Attendant works in the Fitness Reception area and serves as a “face of the J.” As such, the Fitness Service Desk Attendant must exhibit professionalism at all times. The job requires dependability, flexibility, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail. This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a maximum of 29 hours per week. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
- Customer service is a priority! Make all members and guests at the JCC feel welcome and comfortable.
- Work scheduled time as required by Director of Aquatics & Health Services; flexibility in schedule is required.
- Greet all individuals coming in to the Fitness Center and provide the information and/or services requested in a positive manner. Request member identification cards and scan cards to ensure member is in good standing. Follow procedures for members who do not have proper identification.
- Be respectful to members in helping them to understand and abide by the policies of the JCC. Report any issues to Management.
- Provide assistance to and interact with staff in a positive and professional manner. Report any problems to Supervisor.
- Distribute and fold towels as needed.
- Handle all incoming calls with the proper greeting. Make reservations for various health and fitness activities. Balance phone customer service with in-person customer service.
- Report all maintenance needs to supervisor or management staff.
- Keep lost and found items together.
- Supervise the Fitness Reception area for proper decorum and general cleanliness.
- Handle emergencies within the building quickly and efficiently – have thorough knowledge of the JCC Manual for Emergency Planning and Crisis Management.
- When on duty, uniform shirts (provided by agency) including closed toed shoes is required. Name Tag must also be worn.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma preferred
Please forward all resumes to [email protected] with Fitness Service Desk Attendant in the subject line.
These positions are full time and/or part time.
The perfect candidate will have at least five years of experience teaching preschool, an education-related degree and references. A candidate in the process of getting their degree with a CDA may be eligible. CPR/Infant CPR and First Aid certifications are required. The ideal candidate will work well in a team atmosphere, follow school policies, and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
The following job responsibilities and understanding is necessary:
- Both recognizes and understands the power of interactions with students and the effects on learning and behavior
- Focused on planning a safe, healthy, supportive and respectful learning environment
- Experience in planning emergent curriculum that is based on a consistent school-wide thematic framework yet is highly individualized by classroom
- Understands different approaches to learning and can differentiate based on both individual and group needs
- Is proactive in the advancement of children’s physical, intellectual, social, and emotional development
- Confident in multiple strategies to foster productive relationships with families
- Maintains a commitment to professionalism both within and outside the confines of the school
- Familiar with observing and recording children’s behavior and allowing these findings to guide instruction
- Understands and can articulate the principles of child growth and development
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word are a bonus. Experience with on-line share sites will be helpful.
Substitutes must have a high school diploma and experience with children — flexible hours.
Please indicate job you are applying for on cover letter.
Only qualified applicants with references need apply.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Forward resumes to [email protected].
REPORTS TO: Aquatics Director
The Jewish Community Center of Dallas is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer). This part time position is not eligible for benefits. Salary based upon experience. Maximum 29 hours a week (days TBD). Weekend hours required
We are looking for outgoing & dynamic qualified swim instructors lifeguards for our facility. Must work independently, be a team player and energetic with a positive attitude. Dependability and punctuality is a must! A current Lifeguard CPR & First Aid Certification is required. If you have experience as a swim instructor and are looking to teach in a friendly and team oriented atmosphere, we need you!
If you are interested, email Daniel Taylor [email protected] to set up an interview. Please attach a resume and/or related experience.
REPORTS TO: Aquatics Director
The Jewish Community Center of Dallas is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer). This part time position is not eligible for benefits. Salary based upon experience. Maximum 29 hours a week (days TBD). Weekend hours required.
We are looking for outgoing & dynamic qualified swim instructors for our Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy. Must work independently, be a team player, energetic with a positive attitude. Dependability and punctuality is a must! 40 hours of initial training is required and provided by our facility. Swim instructors must adhere to all Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy policies and procedures. Previous experience as a swim instructor is not required but it is a plus. If you are looking to teach in a friendly and team oriented atmosphere, we want you!
If you are interested, email Daniel Taylor at [email protected] to set up an interview. Please attach a resume and/or related experience.