Dear Theater Parents!
Our performers are getting in the groove and things will be starting to ramp up Seuss-style! This week we will be diving deeper into choreography and character development. Please continue to encourage performers to be “off book” (both lines and songs) and to practice their choreography at home. I’ve gotten such wonderful messages from parents that kids are coming home excited and inspired and we are thrilled...thank you for sharing! It’s hard work when they are here no doubt. It requires 100% dedication. Rehearsing for four hours takes focus, refocus, and then some more focus - they're doing great! Our amazing artistic staff are also hard at work, ensuring everyone is giving it their all, yet having fun, while teaching them lyrics, harmonies, blocking, choreography, characterization, and so much more!
Last week I mentioned we would have a video from our Junior Cast but unfortunately there was a tech issue so...here are two pictures instead. Video next week!
Rehearsal: Sunday, February 14 – Happy Valentines Day!
Both casts will meet in Zale Auditorium at 1:30. Pick up will be at 5:30. Please remind our performers to bring their scripts and a pencil.
Exciting! Tickets Are Now On Sale Online – Buy Early and Save!
The process is super easy. Click the “tickets” button and purchase! Please begin to help spread the word to your friends and family! I am hoping to see a lot of Facebook posts about Seussical tickets. Let your inner marketer shine!
4 Reasons to Place an Ad In The SEUSSICAL Jr. Playbill - Deadline: February 22
- Great way to show your love and support for your child or friend
- Super opportunity for family and friends far and near who can't attend to send their good wishes
- Small or large businesses can promote their companies to over 1000 target audience members (mostly men & women 35-55 yrs old with children)
- Show your support for J Performing Arts (all proceeds go back into our program to keep raising the bar in elevating our program as one the preeminent Youth Performing Arts Programs in DFW)
As you all know, JPAS has grown leaps and bounds since it was established three years ago. We have amazing things coming down the pike and these opportunities REALLY make a difference! Please spread the word about SEUSSICAl Jr. to friends and family. The more advertisements the better!
If you haven’t become a J Performing Arts “friend” or a JCC Dallas “friend” please click the buttons below and "like" our pages.
Reminder About Healthy Snacks
Thank you to those who took our advice and provided healthy snacks. It continues to make difference. Please continue do your best to provide healthy snacks, low in sugar. While many of you rely on the vending machine, please minimize that as an option if possible. Healthy, low-sugar snacks help to keep our performers engaged, focused, and on task.
Performing Arts Camps At the J – Limited Space! Register Early to Save a Spot
Camp registration for members opened last Sunday and we already have children signed up for Camp StarQuest and both of our 1-Week Broadway and On-Camera Boot Camps, which are taught by a Broadway Veteran. If registration for our camps this summer is anything like our Spring Production registration, we had to have a wait list this year. So please don’t wait! So register early to ensure your spot.
What You Need to Know
- Space is limited. Register early to save your spot.
- Registration for non-members opens Sunday, February 21.
- Our theater camps this year are going to be even better!
- At our performing arts camps, we make memories to last a lifetime.
- We miss all of our campers terribly.
- We can’t wait for summer to start, that is after we put on an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G production of Seussical!
See everyone this Sunday!
All good wishes,