Everyone was “making their move” this rehearsal! As we approach the midway mark, our actors are in it to win it. We are in the process of putting together all of the show “pieces” and “moving” them so they are just right. We began with a small photo shoot that carried into a quick video promo we taped for promotional purposes. As our stars were ready and raring to perform, we moved into our rehearsal spaces where we ran through scenes, practiced choreography, learned new choreography, worked on blocking, and began connecting scenes one after another.
We want to give a shout out to our actors for bringing their best to rehearsal by being off-book, working well as an ensemble, and for being present from start to finish (for those who are still NOT off-book, you need to be by next rehearsal).
This is the time in the rehearsal process to REVIEW, REVIEW, REVIEW. Repetition is the key to mind/body memory, and our actors need to use our resource library, review the videos, and practice.
Behind the Scenes from Sunday's Rehearsal
3 Things you can do with Your Actor This Week
- In the car: listen to the CD and have them sing along (in character)
- Ask to review the videos with them for 10 minutes, and then ask them to show you what they learned
- Ask you actors to give you a “sneak peek” of one of the numbers and have them show you choreography and singing
Rehearsal: Sunday, February 26
Rehearsal will start promptly at 1:30 pm. Everyone will meet in Zale Auditorium. Pick-up will be at 5:30 pm in the lobby.
Special Note to Parents
- The Blue cast will be fitted Sunday, February 26 and the Green cast will be fitted the following Sunday, March 5. Please refer to the email I sent that referenced the specific times your actor needs to arrive at the J on those dates.
- It is important for your children NOT to miss rehearsal. We are at a critical point in the show process where everyone’s participation is needed. Please keep this in mind. If you are to miss rehearsal, PLEASE follow the procedure which is to email Alise in advance and let her know.
- It’s time to SELL, SELL, SELL. We greatly appreciate your help in selling tickets to Shrek JR. We will be sending out a media kit next week with ways to send emails to friends and family, posts for Facebook and Instagram, and other materials you can pick up here at the J. Word-of-mouth is the ultimate way to sell tickets. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Performing Arts Camps At the J:
Early Bird Special Ends March 1 - Register Today & Save!
We are so excited several of you have signed up for our Performing Arts Camps! If you haven’t solidified your summer plans yet, our performing arts camps are engaging, challenging, inspiring, and a great way to make memories and friendships that last a lifetime.
Camp StarQuest: Musical Theater Camp
June 12 - July 7
Ages: grade 3 - 9
Culminates in a full-scale production.
Camp StarPower: Create and Perform in an Original Collaborative Production
July 10 - July 21
Ages: grade 3 - 9
Culminates in a 30-minute original performance.
Character Camp: On-Camera, Voiceover and Improv camp taught by a TV and Broadway Professional
July 24 - 28
Ages: 8 - 17
Culminates in a 30-minute review.
In partnership with A Class Act NY, an award-winning acting studio in NY, taught by a Broadway and TV professional.
See everyone this Sunday!