Dear Theater Families,
This upcoming rehearsal will mark “go time” for our actors. Starting at this week’s rehearsal they will be going from the top of the show and running through the entire show (or as far as they can work through for four hours). They will break down into groups where necessary to refine and learn any additional materials as the Directors' see fit. In order for this to happen effectively, our actors will have to remain focused and engaged. They will be using tons of mental energy and physical stamina to stay on point and take in all of the direction being given. Please encourage your actor to review everything learned to date before Sunday. We will do our best as several actors will be gone for spring break over the next two weeks. It's a challenging time to not be present at rehearsals for the actors and their cast but we got this. For those who will be traveling, please, please have your actors continue to review their lines, choreography, and songs while on break. They can review material from past rehearsals found in our resource library. Thank you.
Our actors will find the next phase in the rehearsal process exciting and perhaps a bit frustrating (very normal part of musical theater) because it’s the time where we bring all of the pieces/numbers together that they’ve been working on since January. All the encouragement and support you provide at home will be helpful. This next step is designed to give actors the opportunity to string all the elements together to make THE SHOW! Therefore, restorative care for every actor is very important. Eating healthy, getting enough sleep, and review of their show numbers/choreography is key (refer to the resource library)! Everyone is going to be stepping up their "show" game this week so get ready. Exciting!!!
Behind the Scenes from Sunday's Rehearsal
Rehearsal: Sunday, March 12
Rehearsal will start promptly at 1:30. Everyone will meet in Zale Auditorium. Pick-up will be at 5:30 pm in the lobby.
Green & Blue Cast Volunteers Needed
We have several spots left for volunteers. The positions on the list must be filled to ensure the kids have a successful performance and I know you want that as much as we/they do. If you haven’t done this before, it is actually a great experience! See what happens behind the scenes. Click the links below to sign-up. Thank you so much in advance! Once my dressing room helper spots are filled by this weekend, (come on I know you can do it) my intention is to send out an email with the details. However, I need more people to help in the dressing rooms before I can do that. Again, dressing room volunteers will need to also be available for at least one tech day.
Click a link below to sign-up:
Why Our Shrek Experience is Different
It's going to be an interactive experience for the whole family to enjoy. Tell you more? Ok!
- We have talented, hard-working, committed, and dedicated actors that are going to SHINE! Can’t wait.
- We are living; one of our Jewish values. An important Jewish value is Tzedakah (righteousness) - a charitable giving. In Judaism, tzedakah means much more than charity; it embraces a larger principle of doing good to ensure the needs of others are met. At JPAS, we are giving back to the community by providing an organization (TBD) with 100 free tickets for people who would otherwise not be able to see our show, let alone go to the theater.
- We've invited our audience members to come dressed as their favorite fairy tale characters.
- We added an interactive element to this performance (prop bags) so our audience can actually be part of the show!
- We have ice cream, refreshments, and raffles!
Purchase Your Tickets - Buy Early and Save
The process is super easy. Click the “Purchase Tickets” button above and purchase! Remember each family will receive 1 complimentary ticket.
Special Note to Parents
- An email was sent this week with additional items your actor needs to bring for their costumes to be complete. Please be sure to read it over carefully. All items must be placed in a labeled bag (and brought to the J no later than Sunday, March 19) with your actor's name on it and what cast they are in. Please label all articles of clothing as well.
- PR, SOCIAL MEDIA KITS, & MORE. This week everyone received our Shrek JR. digital marketing kit. Looking forward to seeing all those social media posts! If everyone (there are 70 families) posted about our upcoming performances, do you know how many people we could reach...? A LOT! So ready, set, go! Thank you so much in advance.
- Complimentary Tickets - all families will receive 1 complimentary ticket. You can pick it up starting this Sunday at the front desk. Those of you who sent me their bios early, and received an email from me that you will receive an additional complimentary ticket, you can pick that one up as well at the front desk.
We have one page left in our playbill to fill so we are offering $25 shoutout ads.
This is 20 - 30 words in addition to your child's name. It will appear in sentence(s) form with no image, but the page will be designed. So for example: Alise (Robinson), we are so very proud of you. We love you to the moon and back, Love and Hugs, Mom and Dad.
If you are interested in purchasing a Shoutout Ad click the button below. The deadline is Friday March 10.
Healthy Snacks Only
Actors will not be allowed to use the vending machines; please pack a healthy snack. There is a noticeable difference in their focus and concentration when they are eating healthy snacks. We need them to focus.
Performing Arts Camps At the J
Let your creativity shine! Our camps are so much fun!
Spots are filling fast!
Camp StarQuest: Musical Theater Camp (only 3 spots left!)
June 12 - July 7
Ages: grade 3 - 9
Culminates in a full-scale production.
Camp StarPower: Create and Perform in an Original Collaborative Production
July 10 - July 21
Ages: grade 3 - 9
Culminates in a 30-minute original performance.
Character Camp: On-Camera, Voiceover and Improv camp taught by a TV and Broadway Professional
July 24 - 28
Ages: 8 - 17
Culminates in a 30-minute review.
In partnership with A Class Act NY, an award-winning acting studio in NY, taught by a Broadway and TV professional.
See everyone this Sunday!