To download an employment application, please click here.
Interested candidates please contact Jackye McGee at firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise specified. You may also fill out the employment application and return to email@example.com or fax to 214-368-4709. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Executive Director
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
OVERVIEW: Serve as an upper management professional. Provide complete oversight and supervision of assigned departments. Work closely with lay committees, the President/CEO, Associate Director, and agency professionals. Provide direct service in areas as assigned. Oversee administrative functions as assigned.
EOE (equal opportunity employer).
Sports & Fitness Overview: Sports & Fitness is a $2million agency department that serves the diverse wellness needs of 70 percent of the agency membership. The department includes youth and adult sports, fitness, aquatics, gymnastics, tennis, group exercise, specialty programs, and the JCC Maccabi Games. Day to day operations are managed by full and part time professionals. A volunteer Sports & Fitness Committee assists with departmental program focus and strategies.
- Supervise the Sports & Fitness Director
- Provide support for the day to day Sports & Fitness Department operations
- Provide support for the vision of the Sports & Fitness Department
- Assist in the development of new cutting edge programming with the Sports & Fitness Director
- Provide administrative oversight to include all processes from registration procedures to budget development and oversight
- Provide training opportunities for the Sports & Fitness Director
- Provide growth opportunities for the Sports & Fitness Director
- Create goals for the Sports & Fitness Director
- Provide ongoing support for the Sports & Fitness Director
- Support Community Bagel Run, Kids Triathlon,
- Assist with management of contract labor
JCC Maccabi Games Overview:
Serve as the JCC Maccabi Games Sports Director. In the summer of 2015 the JCC of Dallas will host the JCC Maccabi Games. The Olympic style Jewish youth competition will bring 100 0 – 1200 visiting athletes to the Dallas Jewish community to participate in sports, special programs, and activities that develop Jewish values and strengthen their bond with Judaism. This one of a kind program permeates the community and serves as an opportunity to showcase all the J has to offer in best of programs and facilities
- Serves as the JCC Maccabi Games Sports Director
- Complete management oversight of all Sports for the 2015 JCC Maccabi Games
-Expertise in complete sports management for the JCC Maccabi Games
-Up to date knowledge on all sports requirements
-Manage all JCC Maccabi Games Sports Directors
-Sports Director / Communication
-Tournament set up and management
-Manage all JCC Maccabi Games Sports Venues
-Contracting with venues
-Venue Administration (i.e. insurance certificates, rental fees)
Special Event Oversight:
- Provide support for the Dallas Area Senior Games
- Work with local and state professionals and volunteers
- Create a local committee
- Provide complete administrative and direct service oversight
- Create and manage the program budget
- Provide fundraising support for program sponsors
- Publicize classes, programs, and events.
- Submit appropriate information for email blasts, and other marketing materials.
- Staff Meetings
- Supervisory conferences with President/CEO.
- College degree in related area preferred.
- Detail oriented and well-organized, with ability to plan projects, activities and schedule several months in advance.
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- This position requires independent judgment, initiative and advanced administrative skills.
- The person in the position is expected to be innovative, imaginative and provide a positive role model for members and staff.
- Experience working with this population.
NIGHT TIME BUILDING SUPERVISOR
The Night Time Building Supervisor will follow the JCC policies and procedures to ensure the operation, health and safety of all individuals utilizing the facility are maintained at the highest standards. The secondary critical role is to handle and correct any problems, issues, setup changes, that occur during the evening within and on facilities’ property.
Hours: Monday–Thursday 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm Salary: $11 - $12 / hr
- Good people skills, friendly, helpful attitude
- Mechanical aptitude helpful
- Maturity, punctuality and reliability
- Professional appearance, manner and tone
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed and on short notice
- A valid Texas Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- The ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Basic computer knowledge; able to send and receive emails
- Must pass background check
Interested candidates should forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
JOB TITLE: TEACHERS AND SUBSTITUTES -Early Childhood Center
REPORTS TO: Director of Early Childhood
EXPERIENCED WITH 12 MONTHS THROUGH 4 YEARS OF AGE.
The perfect candidate will have at least five years’ experience teaching preschool, an education related degree and references. A candidate in the process of getting their degree with a CDA may be eligible. CPR/Infant CPR and First Aid certifications are required. The ideal candidate will work well in a team atmosphere, follow school policies, and communicate well both verbally and in writing. Pay is commensurate with experience. EOE (equal opportunity employer).
These positions are full time and/or part time.
The following job responsibilities and understanding is necessary:
- Both recognizes and understands the power of interactions with students and the effects on learning and behavior
- Focused on planning a safe, healthy, supportive and respectful learning environment
- Experience in planning emergent curriculum that is based on a consistent school-wide thematic framework yet is highly individualized by classroom
- Understands different approaches to learning and can differentiate based on both individual and group needs
- Is proactive in the advancement of children’s physical, intellectual, social, and emotional development
- Confident in multiple strategies to foster productive relationships with families
- Maintains a commitment to professionalism both within and outside the confines of the school
- Familiar with observing and recording children’s behavior and allowing these findings to guide instruction
- Understands and can articulate the principles of child growth and development
Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word are a bonus. Experience with on-line share sites will be helpful.
Substitutes must have a high school diploma and experience with children — flexible hours.
Please indicate job you are applying for on cover letter. Only qualified applicants with references need apply.
Forward resumes to email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Fitness Attendant and Fitness Service Desk Receptionist
Part Time (North Dallas)
OVERVIEW: The Jewish Community Center of Dallas is hiring a part time Fitness Attendant and/or Service Desk Receptionist. These positions serve as a "face of the J" and must exhibit professionalism at all times. The job requires dependability, flexibility, ability to multi-task and attention to detail. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age to apply. Shifts available: days, weekends, evenings and early mornings.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Customer service is a priority! Make all members and guests at the JCC feel welcome and comfortable.
- Work scheduled times as required by Sports and Fitness Office Manager; flexibility in schedule is required.
- Greet all individuals coming in to the Fitness Center and provide the information and/or services requested in a positive manner.
- Be respectful to members in helping them to understand and abide by the policies of the JCC. Report any issues to Management.
- Provide assistance to and interact with staff in a positive and professional manner. Report any problems to Supervisor.
- Distribute and fold towels as needed.
- Handle all incoming calls with the proper greeting. Make reservations for various health and fitness activities.
- Report all maintenance needs to supervisor or management staff.
- Keep lost and found items together.
- Supervise the Fitness Reception area for proper decorum and general cleanliness.
- Handle emergencies within the building quickly and efficiently -- have thorough knowledge of the JCC Manual for Emergency Planning and Crisis Management.
- When on duty, uniform shirts (provided by agency) including closed toed shoes is required. Name Tag must also be worn.
- Request member identification cards and scan cards to ensure member is in good standing. Follow procedures for members who do not have proper ID.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age to apply. Shifts available: days, weekends, evenings and early morning.
Interested candidates should forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR ADULT DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR
OVERVIEW: The Senior Adult Department Director is a full time, benefit level, exempt position that will be responsible for the vision and day to day operations of the department. This is a working supervisory position.
- Create, establish, document and implement the vision of the department.
- Create strategies with an implementation process to increase program offerings and program quality and encourage seniors to participate.
- Implement program offerings.
- Create strategies to serve the needs of the entire continuum of the senior population.
- Become knowledgeable about all DAAA regulations and requirements.
- Oversee all administrative department functions.
- Develop, oversee, and manage the department budget along with all financial tasks necessary to operate the programs effectively.
- Work closely with the Senior Adult Advisory Board.
- Assist in all aspects of departmental programming.
- Work with the Senior Adult Team to create new relationships with agencies, organizations, and service providers that will allow the J Senior Department to serve as a part of a continuum of services in the community.
- Provide staff support for local and out of town trips.
- Provide supervision and direction for the Senior Adult Department Outreach Worker, Senior Adult Department DAAA Coordinator, Senior Adult Department Administrative Assistant, and Kitchen Staff as it pertains to the senior adult program.
- Manage Senior Adult team functions including transportation, daily and trips.
- Participate in overall agency “all hands on deck” JCC programs.
- Participate in agency department head meetings.
- Attendagency All Staff meetings.
- Create an environment where customer service, relationship building, and compassion are core values for the entire department.
- College degree in related area preferred.
- Personable and outgoing.
- Experience working with the senior adult (age 65+) population.
- Detail oriented, well-organized, flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Interested candidate send resume to email@example.com no phone calls please.
JOB TITLE: Lifeguard & Swim Instructors
REPORTS TO: Aquatics Director
OVERVIEW: The Jewish Community Center of Dallas is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer).
This part time position is not eligible for benefits.
Salary based upon experience.
Maximum 29 hours a week (days TBD) Weekend hours required
We are looking for outgoing & dynamic qualified swim instructors lifeguards for our facility. Must work independently, be a team player and energetic with a positive attitude. Dependability and punctuality is a must! A current Lifeguard CPR & First Aid Certification is required. If you have experience as a swim instructor and are looking to teach in a friendly and team oriented atmosphere, we need you!
If you are interested, email Daniel Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an interview. Please attach a resume and/or related experience.
JOB TITLE: Naturescape Sunday Supervisor
Hours 10:45 – 3:15 p.m.
The Naturescape – Sunday Supervisor, under the supervision of the the Early Childhood Director, works in the JCC Naturescape. This job requires a dedication to the physical welfare and safety of children at all times. Dependability, flexibility, the ability to multi-task, strong communication and customerservice skills are critical qualities. Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, schedule and supervise staff for Naturescape on Sundays.
- Responsible for maintaining members only admission policy; report any issues to your supervisor.
- Perform safety checks of the outdoor play spaces; report any issues to management using an unsafe/unhealthy condition form. If necessary, close area until problem is resolved.
- Check for unsafe or unsanitary conditions, i.e., standing water in toys/equipment, scattered trash. Clean as needed or close area until repaired.
- Prohibit the improper use of playground equipment.
- Instruct staff to continuously scan the playground for potential safety situations. Staff must remain focused and avoid distractions and intrusions.
- If a child is hurt or injured, follow appropriate first aid procedures depending on the severity of the injury.
- Find the emergency box located on each playground to use the first aid kit. React immediately to any emergency
- situation by handling it or calling it to the attention of another staff member.
- All staff must carry a cell phone but usage is not allowed except in cases of emergencies.
- Toys or materials must be stored in their proper location at the end of day’s use.
- Be familiar with and enforce the Naturescape rules.
- If you are the last one to leave, ensure all children have been accounted for, the area is clean (picking up trash, gathering lost articles, etc.) and safe for the next group. Turn off all water (like the art sinks).
- Complete closing checklist before locking up. Provide report to Management on Monday morning.
Interested candidate send resume to email@example.com ; no phone calls please.