The SwimRight Method™ has a proven record of success and is based on progressive learning techniques, so that swimmers will receive all the tools necessary to master the water.
The three foundations of swimming are reinforced at every lesson:
1. Correct body position and proper alignment. Both will be taught, with emphasis on the back float.
2. Lateral rotation. Learning this skill allows swimmers to immediately roll to breath and move quickly and properly through the water.
3. Propulsion. This will be taught after steps one and two are mastered.
A good kick, combined with correct position and lateral rotation, is a cornerstone of correct swimming and is attainable for all students in the Lenny K Swim Academy. Water safety and stroke development are integrated within the curriculum and will turn students into safe, strong, efficient and confident swimmers.
The SwimRight™ curriculum uses the swim-float-swim technique as its foundation. This allows students to develop the water safety skills that prepare them to safely and confidently enter any body of water. This approach also teaches swimmers the proper body positioning used to master the 4 competitive strokes.
Our swimmers progress at their own pace moving through seven levels of proficiency:
- Splasher – Getting wet, assisted back float, assisted basic skills
- Floater – Independent back float, master basic skills
- Kicker – Safety drills, kicks, deep water confidence
- Streamliner – Body position drills, streamline rolls, diving skills, safety skill 1
- Freestyler – Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, starts & turns, safety skill 2
- Glider – Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, starts & turns, safety skill 3
- Flyer – Freestyle, backstroke, breast stroke, butterfly, starts & turns, safety skill 4
Kids earn awards as they learn
With our seven levels of learning, each student will earn motivational awards that inspire them to move up to the next level. Your child will receive:
• A color- coded swim cap corresponding to each level
• A swim book to help them set goals, keep track of all the new skills they
learn (with sticker to match), and record their accomplishments
throughout the program
• For each mastered level, a ribbon to celebrate their achievements