The SwimRight Method® has a proven record of success and is based on progressive learning techniques, so that swimmers will receive all the tools necessary to master the water. The curriculum uses the swim-float-swim technique as its foundation, enabling students to safely and confidently enter any body of water. This approach also teaches swimmers the proper body positioning used to master the 4 competitive strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly).
Three foundations of swimming are reinforced at every lesson:
- Correct body position and proper alignment
- Lateral rotation: Learning this skill allows swimmers to roll and breathe, moving quickly and properly through the water.
- Propulsion: This will be taught after steps one and two are mastered.
Water safety and stroke development are integrated within the curriculum and will turn students into safe, strong, efficient and confident swimmers.
Swimmers of the SwimRight Method® progress at their own pace, moving through seven levels of proficiency:
- Splasher: Students focus on getting used to the water. They learn the assisted back float and other assisted basic skills.
- Floater: Students learn the independent back float and master basic skills.
- Kicker: Students practice safety drills and kicks. They learn to be confident in deep water.
- Roller: Rotation drills, introduce arm stroke, safety skill 2.
- Streamliner: Students learn body position drills, streamline rolls, diving skills and safety skill 1.
- Freestyler: Students learn the four swim styles (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly), as well as starts, turns and safety skill 2.
- Glider: Students continue to improve in freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, starts, turns and safety skill 3.
- Flyer: Students at our highest level master freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, starts, turns and safety skill 4.
Earn Awards as You Learn
With our seven levels of learning, each student will earn motivational awards that inspire them to move up to the next level. Your child will receive:
- A color-coded swim cap corresponding to each level
- A swim book to help them set goals, keep track of the new skills they learn (with stickers to match), and record their accomplishments throughout the program
- For each mastered level, a ribbon to celebrate their achievements
For more information or to register, please contact Aquatics Director Daniel Taylor at [email protected] or 214-239-7141.