February is #loveyourself month at the J! This month we are creating specific programs and events to help nurture YOU! Amidst our busy life choices it's imperative that we take care of ourselves. This month was created to do just that! From fitness challenges, heart education to specialty yoga events, take time and Love Yourself!
See all events below!
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 1
18/28 #loveyourself Challenge
- Are you ready to challenge YOURSELF? Complete 18 miles of exercise during the 28 days of February. Receive a #loveyourself18 bracelet and entry into the raffle for amazing prizes! Get to 70 or 180 miles for more chances to win.
- Pick up your activity tracker at either the main lobby desk, Sports & Fitness desk, Jilliane Bowser's office on the Fitness floor, or the Lieberman Family Wellness Center (in between indoor pool and Donsky gyms)
- For any questions about the challenge, please contact:
Sunday, February 11 at 1 pm (Fruhman A)
Heart Attack: What to Know. What to Do. When to Do It.
- Join Dr. Jeffrey Schussler, Cardiologist on the medical staff at BUMC in Dallas, as he gets to the heart of the matter in this insightful presentation that could be life-saving. Event is free, but RSVP is required.
Sunday, February 11 at 2 pm
Partner Yoga Workshop
- This playful and peaceful workshop will allow partners of all types to work together to maximize their yoga practice at all skill levels. Students are asked to bring a partner, family member, best friend, or roommate and flow through the poses together. Event is free, but RSVP is required.
Wednesday, February 14 at 11 am (Tycher Library)
Babies & Bagels: Love and Marriage with Baby
- Carol Blanchard, M.A., L.P.C., will talk about what to expect in your marriage before and after bringing a baby into the mix. Learn techniques for communication and how to balance your family time. Event is free, but RSVP is required.
Sunday, February 18 | 9 am - 3 pm
Wheel to Survive
- Ride to raise money to help women battling ovarian cancer
- Click here for more information and to register
Sunday, February 25 at 1 pm
Pamper You - Improve Your Mood
$20 member | $25 non-member
- In this weather-lifting cure for the winter blues, experts will take you through an hour of pampering to boost your mood. Class line-up includes sunlight therapy vitamin D treatment, guided self-foot massage, hand massages and a personalized small group gentle yoga flow.