Bagel Run 2017
Sunday, May 14
A Mother's Day Tradition
Join us for this Mother's day tradition at our 31st annual morning fun run for the entire family! We offer a Kids K, 5K, and a 10K with awards given by age category. Plus, enjoy our delicious bagel buffet, including schmears and fresh fruit. Fresh flowers for mom, and all runners get a cool t-shirt.
What's New This Year
- There will be fun kids activities to enjoy during the race (more information coming soon).
- Create or join a team! We believe support goes a long way. This year families, co-workers, and friends can all run under the same team for only $180 for 10 or fewer runners. Teams will be recognized at the beginning of the race.
- Stay tuned for our announcement of our day-of Warm Up Superstars (exercises to help you get ready for the race). We'll also have cool-down/restore yoga experiences after the race.
Registration fees will be as follows:
- Advance registration (through Monday, April 14 at 11:59 pm) - $18
- Registration after April 14* - $25
- Day-of-registration* - $30
* Event t-shirts may not be available to "late" and "day-of" registrants.
ALL kids ages 4 - 13 are just $8, for any race (Kid's K, 5K, or 10K)
New Family Pricing! Just $40 (2 adults + up to 3 kids)
(Registration after May 7 at 2 pm - $55 and Day-of-registration - $65)
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Online registration closes at 3 pm on Saturday, May 13.
Packet Pick-up Dates/Times
|Thursday, May 11
Aaron Family JCC
7900 Northaven Road
4:30 - 7 pm
|Friday, May 12
Aaron Family JCC
7900 Northaven Road
9 am - 3 pm
Packets will also be available race day at the event.
Important Times & Information
- Day-of-registration and check-in will take place in the parking lot of the Aaron Family JCC.
- Kids K Fun Run will begin promptly at 8 am, with the 5K and 10K immediately following (approximately at 8:20 am).
- Check-in and Race Day Registration will be 7 - 7:45 am in the JCC Parking Lot #2.
- The Northaven entrance will be closed for entry. You must enter through the Valleydale entrance.
- The race is RAIN OR SHINE! In the event of extreme weather (lightning, hail, tornado, etc.) the race will be canceled. A weather notice will be placed on our homepage and JCC Dallas Facebook page.
- Race registrations are non-refundable.
- Please plan to join us for the awards ceremony immediately following the completion of the races. All Kids K runners will receive a medal. The top three finishers in each age category will receive a trophy. Overall plaques will be awarded to Top Male and Top Female of the 5K and 10K races.
- Please note that this is an open road race. Be aware of drivers, and we encourage you to wear bright clothing.
- iPods or other MP3 players are permitted, but the race staff asks that you use discretion – use at a low volume or keep one ear free to hear what is happening around you.
- Spectators are welcome and encouraged to participate by cheering on racers!
Under 10, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over
There will be three hydration stations with water on the course. These locations will be on Valleydale right past Hillhaven (Mile 1), on Midbury before the turn onto St. Judes (Mile 2), and the Finish Line. Water will also be available for the Kids K Fun Run at the turnaround on Valleydale.
Runners and walkers should be adequately prepared for participation in the Bagel Run. Appropriate training and medical review should be completed prior to participating.
Several training guides are available and provide recommendations for training. The JCC of Dallas will be hosting some fun runs and a 5K training program open to all our members, and Bagel Run participants.
For more information, please contact Jilliane Bowser at 214-239-7155 or [email protected].