Camp Chai 2017
The J's camp with something for the kid who wants to do it all!
Entering Kindergarten - grade 6
Monday, June 12 - Friday, July 21 (no camp Tuesday, July 4)
Register on/before March 1
Register between March 2 - May 1
Register after May 1
|• One session: $939
• Two sessions: $1,560
• Three sessions: $2,097
• Individual weeks: $345
|• One session: $1,035
• Two sessions: $1,716
• Three sessions: $2,313
• Individual weeks: $379
|• One session: $1,110
• Two sessions: $1,842
• Three sessions: $2,475
• Individual weeks: $399
Laura Seymour, Camp Director
Tara Sutker Ohayon, Camp Chai Assistant Director; Director of our Early Childhood Program
Marco Rodriguez, Program Director
Camp Chai is the place to get happy - every day is filled with smiles!
- Swim, play sports, create, sing, and explore. Make friends and memories that will last a lifetime!
- Live our Camp Values: Ruach (spirit), Kavod (respect), and Shayachut (belonging)
- Activities for every age. Be part of a tribe and a unit - Adat Chalutzim (kindergarten), Adat Chaverim (1st grade), Adat Shalom (2nd - 3rd grades), or Adat Giborim (4th - 6th grades)
- Special Events: overnights & late nights, Maccabiah, trips, and crazy days
- Daily group swim lessons with the acclaimed Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy featuring the SwimRight Method® - a great way to learn to swim
- Free swim daily – fun in the water just the way you like it for grades 1 - 6
- Staff specialist-lead activities: sports, arts & crafts, and Naturescape
- Chugim – electives YOU choose!
- Sports: basketball, SNAG golf, disc golf, soccer, volleyball, gaga, and more
- Arts: clay, weaving, jewelry, drawing, painting, sewing, acting, and more
- Discovery: science, building, gadgets, Legos & Knex, and more
- Theatre Production – a show each session
For more information, contact Laura Seymour at [email protected] or call 214-239-7110.
NEW This Summer
- Learn to ride a bike or become a better rider with Strider Bikes & the Strider Camp Program
- Camp Chai Moves Me Challenges – individual challenges in individual physical activities & group activities sponsored by the Lieberman Family Wellness Center
- PJ Library Comes to Camp – reading through the summer
- New Chugim (choices): Board game creator, Ductivities (create with duct tape), movie-making with iPad, Move & Groove and more
- More Fun than Ever
- Camp Chai Edible Garden - planting, growing, and eating!
- Tech Adventures returns for robotics galore!
- Authorization Form (can be downloaded, filled out on computer, and emailed back)
- J Camp Health Card (health card must be filled out by a doctor before June 1; can be downloaded, filled out on computer, and emailed back)
- Camp Chai Guidebook
- Extended Care Authorization Form
- Medication Authorization
- Camp Lunch Order Form
- Carpool Card
- Getting to Know You
- Camp Chai Program Information
- Registration Forms/Resources
- Summer Enrichment Activities